Company Name: Spring Mountain Motorsports Resort & Country Club, a privately-funded and independently-owned and operated Nevada LLC.
Co-Owners: John Morris and Brad Rambo, two southern California-based entrepreneurs and driving-racing enthusiasts. Each has founded successful businesses in other industries (www.AdvancedAccess.com and www.IndependentTradingCo.com)
- John Morris, CEO & Co-owner
- Dave Petrie, General Manager
- Mike Weeks, VP of Sales
- Rick Malone, Chief Driving Instructor
- High-end destination for auto aficionados offering 4.5 miles of challenging private, paved road course, performance driving schools, race car sales, a resort-style membership country club with upscale clubhouse amenities, luxury condominium and garages leasable exclusively to members.
- # acres: 220
- Purchase date: June 15, 2004
- Original Cost: $6 million
- Investment on developments to date: $22 million
- Paved Track: 4.5 mile road course with 20 turns and various configurations
- Ron Fellows Performance Drive School named Official High Performance Driving School of Chevrolet
- 2006 founded Club Spring Mountain private membership country club for auto aficionados 60 Employees, including 15 Driving Instructors
- 50+ Cars in Fleet for Professional Driving Instruction, ranging from Corvette ZR1s, Z06s, Grand Sport coupes, and Radical SR3s racecars
- Rentable Track, widely popular for numerous auto manufacturers, events, testing, and photo shoots
- Superb location for small to large groups - corporate, incentive, team-building, and adrenaline-charged fun
- Sponsors: Chevrolet, Michelin, Road & Track Magazine
Spring Mountain Motorsports Resort & Country Club is a 220-acre high-end destination for motorsports enthusiasts located only 45 minutes from the famous Las Vegas strip on the outskirts of Pahrump, Nevada. The Nevada privately-held company features a challenging 4.5 mile paved track with various configurations from 2.2 miles to 3.7 miles, the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School operations for instruction, retail and Corvette fleet operations, a Radical Racing School, Private Racing Instruction courses, SCCA License Recommendation School, and Club Spring Mountain, a private, resort-style membership country club with memberships available to auto aficionados of all ages and driving abilities for individuals and companies with preferred track time and dedicated club house.
Club Spring Mountain amenities feature preferred track time, private driving instruction, a $3 million exclusive resort-style club house complete with a track viewing tower, pool, fitness center, masseuse, executive meeting room, banquet/catering facility, barbeque, putting green, in-door firing range and racquetball court, 80 private garages for rental, and 42 luxury condominiums-garages in three separate buildings for short and long term lease to members. Membership fees from $15,000 to $100,000.
Spring Mountain's purpose-built 4.5-mile private paved road course features more than 20 available configurations challenging every level of driver with elements inspired by the world renowned Long Beach Grand Prix Street Circuit and the Mosport International Raceway, with replicas of some of racing's most famous corners including Mosport's 5a and 5b, the Watkins Glen "Bus Stop", and Road Atlanta's turn 1. The race track is a fantastic combination of fast sweeping corners, quick esses, off-camber turns, over 125 feet of elevation change and four high-speed straights including the newest half mile straight, all with breathtaking views of the Spring Mountains, and spectators may view from a 45-foot high, three-story Road & Track viewing tower.
Spring Mountain's track is a superb location available to rent for exotic and sports car clubs, motorcycle groups, for events, ride and drives, and to auto manufacturers from around the world for testing, engineering and development, vehicle launches, and media events from Chevrolet, Porsche, Lamborghini, Audi, Nissan, Ford, Chrysler, and Toyota.
Spring Mountain's repertoire of Performance Driving Schools offer adrenaline-packed programs open to the public for the novice driver to licensed racers. As one of the most respected and comprehensive performance driving schools in the U.S., a wide array of driving programs are offered and are taught by dedicated professional driving instructors with the goal of providing an unforgettable track experience in a relaxed, fun and safe environment. Spring Mountain is the only place in the nation where participants can log up to 300 miles in a high performance vehicle. With a variety of courses to choose from, participants quickly learn advanced driving techniques such as Visual Scanning, skid control, accident avoidance, heel and toe downshifting, performance braking and handling techniques, and much more.
Ron Fellows Performance Driving School, an Official High Performance Driving School of Chevrolet– One, two and three day programs offer 300 miles of driving time with two-way radio communications with instructors in Corvette fleet of more than 40 ZR1s, Z06s, and Grand Sport models fitted with Michelin PS2 ZP tires and class sizes as small as 12. Prices range from $3,695 for 3-Day Program or $2,500 for Private 1-day.
Spring Mountain's staff of committed instructors focus on priority to excellence aimed at providing an exciting and educational, adrenaline-charged program and to represent the highest standards of Chevrolet. Participants who travel from all across the U.S. and Canada excel in three levels of driving schools and drive with speed, confidence and finesse using the performance driving techniques that helped to make Ron Fellows one of North America's most versatile and successful road racers. Utilizing the track's 2.2 and 2.4 mile, 10 and 12-turn road course configurations through a dynamic series of car control exercises and maneuvers developed by Ron Fellows and Spring Mountain's Chief Driving Instructor Rick Malone, each and every student, of all ages, has the opportunity to be challenged and test their performance limits in the Michelin-equipped Corvettes.
Radical Experience Racing School – $4,195 Intensive two-day high-performance driving school program, or $2,800 for one-day private instruction with the insane performance of Great Britain's Radical SR3 Tracksport race car built for high performance with 1,300cc engines; Program takes place on Spring Mountain's challenging 1.5 mile road course - the West Radical Loop. Featuring a wide variety of corners and elevation changes, the Radical will be in constant transition on the track. Radical racecar itself is the classroom, as participants get more seat time. Too, all Racing School graduates are qualified to rent Radicals upon availability at future Spring Mountain Radical Division track events.
SCCA Licensing Recommendation School - priced at $3,395 for Corvettes or $4,395 for Radical SR3 Sport Racer – Spring Mountain offers the average driver training to become a licensed road racer with the Sports Car Club of America (SCAA). As an accredited SCCA License Recommendation School, the talented team of professional instructors provides the basic skills and techniques to apply for an SCCA license to begin a racing career.
Insurance Requirements - All visitors, driving school participants, and Club Spring Mountain Members are required to sign a waiver relieving Spring Mountain of liability. Any costs for damage to the cars are the full responsibility of the participant and/or member. The Club has liability insurance that covers the members. If a member does damage to their car, the member and/or their own private insurance will be fully responsible.
Club Spring Mountain launched in May 2006, is a private membership country club dedicated to drivers and car aficionados of all ages and experience, or says CEO John Morris, "We're selling memberships like a golf country club, but instead of golf, our members play with their own cars – Corvettes, Lamborghinis, Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes, Ferraris, Mustangs or even Mini-Coopers. Cars and drivers of all skill levels drive on the track at their own pace and experience the fun and excitement of motorsports with the added convenience and exclusivity of a luxurious, private club dedicated to auto aficionados."
Club Spring Mountain offers several categories of Club Memberships, including Classic ($15,000), Charter ($35,000), Corporate ($100,000), plus other fees, and guaranteed track time for members.
Nearly 230 members share their passions with other members as weekend-racers and wannabe racers, ranging in age from 18 to 70, taking advantage of the safe, professional level private paved road course and resort-style upscale facilities, as well as nearly every weekend of dedicated track time and most bank holidays! 45% are from southern Nevada, 30% California, and 25% other states and Canada.
Luxury Condominium-Garages available for lease to Club Members - 42 leasable units are available for short and long-term lease to Club Spring Mountain members for minimum of one month to five year leases. Sizes range from 430 to 810 square feet, and some units include personal living space above garages, and leases ranging from 1-5 years range from $1,300 to $2,500 per month, based on size and amenities. Some units feature upscale interior designs, wet bars, kitchenettes with microwave, refrigerator, convection stovetops, flat screen TVs, and free Wi-Fi.
$13-million resort-style Club Spring Mountain Motorsports Country Club:
- 220-acres with private and paved 4.5-mile road-course/track
- Preferred track time and private driving instruction offered to members
- Spring Mountain Radical, Sports and Exotic Car Race Exclusive Series. Members of Club Spring Mountain who feel the need for speed may participate in these exclusive racing series at the track with official race flaggers held during several weekends each year.
- Luxurious $3-million, 8,000-square foot resort-style club house features:
- 23-foot, two-story track-side viewing tower
- comfortable lounge equipped with nine plasma-screens, closed-circuit television monitors
- bar, lounge with leather sofas, dining tables
- billiards and poker facilities
- Free Wi-Fi and two computer stations
- private locker rooms for men and women
- executive conference room
- fully-stocked catering kitchen for banquets with massive granite bar and serving area
- spa room with heated massage table and by-appointment services
- 40-foot pool swimming pool and 14-person Jacuzzi
- indoor-outdoor barbeque facilities with beautiful Veranda, cooling misters, oversized cozy seating area, fire pit for those cold desert nights, grassy knoll, putting green
- Fitness facility 600-square-foot with state-of-the-art equipment in free-weights, treadmills, elliptical, and stationary bikes.
- 6 RV pads with full hook ups for rent with sewer, water and electrical
- Garage rentals exclusive for members - 80 single and double-bay garages
- Racquetball Court
- Two-station indoor firing range, offering full shooter protection in an atmosphere-controlled enclosed environment.
- Dyno machine shop featuring state-of-the-art equipment by Dyno Jet
- PowerTec engine shop. PowerTec builds the engines for the Radical Extreme Sports Car, and Spring Mountain is fortunate to have highly skilled technicians on site from Peterborough, England, where Radical is manufactured, to diagnose, test and maintain Club members' Radicals on-site.